The next 24 hours in Bangkok

By Cubie - January 17, 2017


It was a Monday so friend had to work and I had some dirty laundry to wash, literally. I set out about noon time from Silom. The only itinerary plan was to Erawan Shrine to pray. Friend suggested that I should maybe contribute more to Thailand economy and shop a bit, friend suggested Pratunam Market.


Next up for lunch. Due to my non planning and without my trusty local guide with me, I just ate some random place.

Pad Thai, mm.. this one only so-so

Lup chup - I bought this simply because it looks pretty. Haha. Gullible

Mango sticky rice / Khao Niew Ma Muang
As I had 2 desserts for lunch, I had to walk them off so I just wandered around the area. Dinner was at Suan Phlu area, apparently it is now an upcoming hippy area but we had dinner at some neighbourhood thai eatery. The shop that my friend wanted to bring me to was closed that evening so we went to Larp Suanplu. They actually have a branch in Silom too. Price was most reasonable.





I think on top of that, we have another dish and a drink each. All the food costs less than 300 baht from memory, courtesy of my friend too. After meal drinks was at Smalls.


Side note: It appears that all ATM machine in Bangkok charges an ATM fee. :( I tried the whole row of ATM in the airport...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments