San Francisco: Hotel and Food

By Cubie - September 30, 2011

Ok, this is going to be a long post. Though I hope not too long.

We stayed in Touchstone Hotel.
Address: 480 Geary Street, SF

Location wise - it is a short walk to Union Square area, pretty convenient.
Though I think it could be noisy at night. I am not too sure if it is throughout the whole night cos I could sleep with noise and light but I did hear some noisy on the not-so-deep sleep times.

We picked a 2 single beds, ensuite room.
As below, there was a small table and TV. Complimentary a water bottle each every day and wi-fi. There was also 2 computers for use, free of charge. We didn't book with breakfast inclusive but were given a 25% discount voucher if we eat at the adjacent deli - David's Deli.




(1) Daily Grill
347 Geary Street
San Francisco, CA 94102

Reason why we were there - looks pretty good from outside, and we were starving. But I do find the food taste good. Though it worry me that people has been saying how servings are very big in US. I find it alright. Am I eating too much? Deco is pretty cosy.



Tuscan Brick Chicken - Roasted Under a Brick until Crisp and Golden Brown, Served with Herb Brown Rice and Tomato Provençal $15.95


Chicken Quesadilla - Grilled Chicken Breast, Melted Cheddar Cheese, Salsa, Guacamole and Sour Cream $14.50


(2) Breakfast at David's Deli
- umm.. not recommended, so I won't put in the address :P

Classic deli feel, food nothing to rave about. For convenience sake and 25% discount, though I still feel the price is a bit too expensive.



Blueberry pancake and coffee $15. I find the salt taste is a little too strong. From memory, salt is part of the ingredient of pancakes but I find it a little too much.


3 egg salami omelette with hash brown and side of 2 pieces of toast. Ok, that was too big portion for me. Better than the blueberries pancake, so so. $17


(3) Eagle Cafe @ Pier 39Pier 39
Ste 103
San Francisco, CA 94133

Looking out to a nice view but shame it was too cold to sit outside to enjoy it. We got a table near the window anyway. This is also cos we were starving after Alcatraz but the food was good.



Oven Roasted Prawns stuffed with Dungeness Crab on rice. It was yummy though the garlic butter stuffing was a little too rich for me.

Fisherman's Platter


(4) Ghirardelli Cafe
900 North Point St.
San Francisco, CA, 94109

Some very delicious looking and sinful dessert. Per my earlier post, I only had dark choc sundae but my friend also had a cappuccino to go with the ice-cream.




(5) Deli Sandwich at Golden Gate Market
221 2nd St
Sausalito, CA 94965


This has got to be the best sandwich I had in the States. To set things straight, I wrote "the best I had", so don't go flaming other sandwiches out there. I don't know if all the cycling make me hungry and hence having illusion or what not, but it was really good. Yumm. Many thanks to my friend who gave up her order cos both my order were not available. But I did share half with her. :)
If you do the cycling across the Golden Gate Bridge, it is on the way to Sausalito after the bridge.


It doesn't even look much but let me present to you - Grilled Chicken with Bacon Ranch Dressing, lettuce, tomato.


(6) Delfina Pizzeria
3611 18th Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

We had pizza in Delfina with friend's friend. This come highly recommended. I was refraining myself from taking pictures of the food, so unfortunately this doesn't have any photos to go with it. Friend's friend has been staying in SF for a bit, so this is a recommendation from someone who can be considered as a local.

(7) Farm:Table754 Post St
San Francisco, CA 94108, United States


This is also the recommendation from friend's friend. He did mention that this is a little pricey comparatively, however considering the price of David's Deli, I think this is cheaper than David's. If I'm not wrong, they change their menu everyday. It is a very small place with only a communal table in the shop, though there were 2 smaller table outside on the walk way.


House cereal with yoghurt and blueberry. Not in picture - Latte with house almond milk.


(8) Tartine Bakery & Cafe
600 Guerrero Street
San Francisco, CA 94110

There's a Bar Tartine as well but the one we went was just a few shops away from Delfina Pizzeria. Shame there were no sandwich at that time, so I had a quiche and bread pudding. Looks small but very filling, somehow.





(9) Burger Bar
Macy's
251 Geary St, 6th Fl
San Francisco, CA 94102

We initially planned to try the Cheesecake Factory. Have you watched The Big Bang Theory before? One of the character works in the Cheesecake Factory, and silly me somehow didn't link the connection between the two till my friend pointed it out. However it was fully packed and needed at least 40 minutes wait, so we went to the nearest option - Burger Bar.

Sorry about the pictures, we were hungry and I fear if I attempt to take a few more shots, the food will disappear under my nose. Joking.


Cobb Salad - I've never had salad for a meal but this is good.


Marinated Chicken Breast burger with jalapeno as a side - so so, looks a bit dry for a burger, doesn't quite bother me, but I know a lot of people cannot stand food without sauce.


Side note: How come the blister doesn't seem to reduce in size at all...? Bleh

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments