Dubai: Emirati food

By Cubie - May 31, 2023


I find UAE pricey for a holiday visit but as part of my holidays, I like to try some local cuisine. I tried a breakfast and a lunch in UAE. Balance were some cheap eats from nearby the hotel I stayed - a random eatery which I won't recommend (it wasn't tasty) and got a briyani from a supermarket. 


Breakfast at Arabian Tea House
I went to the outlet at Al Fahidi. I had my eyes set on their Special Emirati Breakfast Tray (AED 79). It was described to be for 2 pax and there was only 1 me. The server didn't stop me from ordering, in fact, he said I could take away if I cannot finish them. I also ordered Emirati coffee (AED 23) as part of my breakfast treat. 

Bread and dips were also served on top of the breakfast tray. I had this for breakfast and dinner. It was filling enough for me to skip lunch. The components of the breakfast tray are balaleet (vermicelli cooked with cardamom, cinnamon, saffron topped with omelette), dates molasses, cheddar cheese, melted cheese, watermelon jam, dango (boiled chickpeas), bajella (beans) that comes with traditional bread - khameer (flatbread) , chebab (pancake) and omelette




The teahouse is also very beautiful and it did come across as touristy but I only saw another group of patrons who also bought a tea set from them. 



Outdoor space that was too hot at daytime during my visit


Lunch at Ana Restaurant
This, I expected to be expensive because they are within Dubai Mall. But this shop was what recommended when I asked the information counter. Haha. 

Lunch selection was Mbahar Chicken (slow cooked chicken breast in creamy curry sauce served with saffron rice and fried mixed nuts and onion), AED 69. Also served with bread and balila (chickpea). I ordered a hot karak (tea brewed with spices), AED 16 to try. 






Side note: Hope game updates coming soon!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Hi Cubie, I tried to enter comments in some of your Turkey posts earlier but couldn't. This is another try so let's see if it works.

    ReplyDelete
  2. Hello Paul - yes, this one works :)

    ReplyDelete