- Some notes on applying for Uzbekistan visa
- Getting free accommodation during transit from China Southern Airlines
- Booking Uzbekistan Airways online
- Breakdown of travel days and links to accommodation.
- Uzbekistan's favourite sons and some random tips on travelling around Uzbekistan
Day 1 - Layover in Urumqi
Day 2 - Getting to Bishkek and things to do in Bishkek
Kyrgyzstan: Kochkor/Song Kul
- Getting to Kochkor and organising things with CBT.
- Lunch in Kochkor before travelling to Song Kul
Kyrgyzstan: Song Kul
Day 4 - Yurt stay and things to do at Song Kul
Day 5 and 6 - Back to Bishkek for Kyrgyzstan's Independence Day, Ala Archa National Park and Osh Bazaar
Day 7 - Mini fright at Manas Airport and errand day in Tashkent.
Day 7 and 8 - Things to see/do in Tashkent
Day 9 - Travelling to Khiva
Day 10 - Day trip to Elliq Qala
Day 11 and 12 - Things to see/do in Khiva
Day 13 - Wonder if the somsa I didn't get to eat is yummy
Day 14 and 15: Things to see/do in Bukhara, complete with a hammam experience
Uzbekistan: Nurata/Kyzyl Kum Desert
Day 16 - Pit stop at Nurata before a yurt overnighting in Kyzyl Kum Desert
Uzbekistan: Nuratau Mountains
- A visit to Lake Aydar and maybe a Kazakh village of Dungalak.
- Then we had a homestay at Asraf Village
Uzbekistan: Nuratau Mountains/Samarkand
Day 18 - A quick visit to Uhum Bazaar before we were off to Samarkand
Day 19 and 20 - Things to see/do in Samarkand.
Day 21 - Travelling day
Day 22 and 23: Things to see/do in Almaty and a super sized "small plate chicken" - xiaopanji (小盘鸡).
Day 24 - Overnight transit in Urumqi, dashed through Guangzhou before landed home in Melbourne.
Side note: Ok, this is the last of my scheduled posts. I've been staggering on the published date and have to be on a break now... to study again. Got to pass this exam... back soon! ^^