And.. things got WORSE.
It's like this... initially it got smell A which was bad
Then with the Febreeze.. it got smell B which was worse
So when smell A + smell B = worst
And so.. Operation Shoe Odour Removal started...
- Sprayed it with febreeze which worsen the condition (see explanation above)
- Endure the smell the whole day, it was like this acidic stench and mom used to say if i simply smell things, my nose would drop off, in this case, I seriously think it would
- I dont wear heels often, only during formal dinners but as shoes were wet (from the Febreeze, apparently it didnt dry enough) and smelly, I borrowed shoes from Little P (which happen to be a pair of heels) and I had to run in it. This Pig Angel & Little P crossed road dangerously. Tsk... tsk...
- Had to borrow hair dryer from Little P to ensure it is dry enough since I dare not risk to put it at the balcony in case it rains.
- Googled for ways to remove the odour. Got one site said to wrap it up & put in the freezer. (Read: I did not do that, rest assured)
- Bought baking soda and pour in shoes base, it was said to be able to remove odour... think it reduces the smell but the combination of dampy+Febreeze smell was a bit too much
- Soaked the shoes overnight before I scrubbed the sole
- Even scrubbed it with body shampoo to really kill the smell (thank goodness, it work)
- Brought it down to the public dryer to dry. It makes so much noise that I had to pretend to be innocent when every uncles and aunties looked at the dryer and stared at me
- Fan it throughout night and day
Side note: A friend was kind enough to loan me this spray. He said can remove odour from shoes. Said he has been using it... but when I saw the spray today, the label read as "Foot Spray". = ="