Warabimochi

By Cubie - April 22, 2011

I first learned about warabimochi here. Don't know what has gotten into me then that prompted me to sit down in a tiny eatery in the grounds of Kiyomizudera to have this snack with tea.


I mean, I wanted to try warabimochi... but I also know that eating in such a tourist attraction place would be much more expensive compared to other places... but I just walked in and ordered this delicious piece of mochi. :P Must be warabimochi voodoo of some kind. :P


Warabimochi is very much different from the usual mochi. The texture is more jellylike compared to usual soft chewy.

I found that it is not made from usual glutinous rice flour but instead bracken starch and coated with kinako (sweet toasted soybean flour).

So there, if you do not like mochi because of its texture (though I cannot see how and why people can dislike mochi), at least there is a type of mochi that you might like :)

Please do give it a try and you'll be surprise how tasty this little thing can be ^_^



Side note: Love this long weekend!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments