10 things I did for my shoes

By Cubie - December 30, 2007

It all started out last week with my sports shoes being wet and dirty. I thought... I might as well give it a little clean. Murphy's law was out to get me at the very day I decided to clean my shoes, it rained. Rained and rained but I dried shoes under the running fan, it thought it was thoroughly dry but it wasnt and it has this dampy smell. I was trying to avoid wetting the poor shoes again, I decided to give it a few sprays of Febreeze.

And.. things got WORSE.
It's like this... initially it got smell A which was bad
Then with the Febreeze.. it got smell B which was worse
So when smell A + smell B = worst

And so.. Operation Shoe Odour Removal started...


  1. Sprayed it with febreeze which worsen the condition (see explanation above)
  2. Endure the smell the whole day, it was like this acidic stench and mom used to say if i simply smell things, my nose would drop off, in this case, I seriously think it would
  3. I dont wear heels often, only during formal dinners but as shoes were wet (from the Febreeze, apparently it didnt dry enough) and smelly, I borrowed shoes from Little P (which happen to be a pair of heels) and I had to run in it. This Pig Angel & Little P crossed road dangerously. Tsk... tsk...
  4. Had to borrow hair dryer from Little P to ensure it is dry enough since I dare not risk to put it at the balcony in case it rains.
  5. Googled for ways to remove the odour. Got one site said to wrap it up & put in the freezer. (Read: I did not do that, rest assured)
  6. Bought baking soda and pour in shoes base, it was said to be able to remove odour... think it reduces the smell but the combination of dampy+Febreeze smell was a bit too much
  7. Soaked the shoes overnight before I scrubbed the sole
  8. Even scrubbed it with body shampoo to really kill the smell (thank goodness, it work)
  9. Brought it down to the public dryer to dry. It makes so much noise that I had to pretend to be innocent when every uncles and aunties looked at the dryer and stared at me
  10. Fan it throughout night and day
Lesson learnt. I wont simply spray it with anything anymore


Side note: A friend was kind enough to loan me this spray. He said can remove odour from shoes. Said he has been using it... but when I saw the spray today, the label read as "Foot Spray". = ="

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments