Specs

By Cubie - November 14, 2007


Do you remember this boy? He acted as Nick Szalinski in Honey, I shrunk the kids the movie many years back. This is how I felt I looked like when I first started to wear specs. I dont know why but back then I remember I would always notice the frame whenever I looked at things and I just felt I look like him.

Anyway, got my specs yesterday. This is how the new pair of glasses look like


Had to get it done fast cos the old pair was dying... it actually broke a few months back, somewhere in July or August and all the while I stick it with elephant glue, till somehow it doesnt work anymore and I had to hold it using cellaphone tape. That was it, I had to replace it.


Zooming it in for a clearer view


The white colour tape is magic tape (read: its only "invisible" when u use it on papers)

Anyway, this new pair is probably my 5th specs.

1st specs: Lost
I remember my 1st specs was lost when I was riding my bike. The zip on the bag opened and everything flew out, including my file, university application form and of course the specs. That time I dont wear specs when I ride bike, got this odd thought that I cant wear helmet when I wear specs. Shrug.

2nd specs: Scratches
It was uni orientation and it was really hot. Specs was getting oily. I was wearing this baju kurung and spontaneously I reached up and wiped the specs using baju kurung. The whole lens was scratched. I wore the scratched specs for a whole year before got it changed.

3rd specs: Chipped
The frame was chipped and it has been a long while since I changed my specs. Had my eyes checked and the astigmatism reduced. So I changed a new one. This must've been the most normal reason to have a specs changed.

4th specs: Broken
The one just retired a few days ago. I had to wear contact lens to work while waiting for this new specs.

Hope the new specs last long.


Side note: Think my ear not same height, a bit painful after wearing the new specs.

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments