Visiting The Three Sisters

By Cubie - September 21, 2009

It was the Easter long weekend and thats the longest weekend (only 4 days) of away from home in Australia. Even Christmas holidays aren't that long, may be similar 4 days depending on which day it falls. Anyway, I had to work 2 of the 4 days but feet itchy, hence I bugged the tour guide to bring me somewhere near. The Blue Mountains was in the list for a while, despite my friend favours Hunter Valley all the time but I'm not so into wine and vineyard... so we braved the traffice to Blue Mountains on that Easter long weekend.

It was a really last minute trip, most hotels were booked out, we settled with Carrington Hotel. The price, of course hiked up in view of the holiday seasons but as it was only an overnight trip and limited choice, we went with it.

Hotel Carrington during the day
At night
It is apparently one of the big hotels in Katoomba, but my first impression of the hotel was it somehow reminded me of one of the cases in Detective Conan... = ="

Flowers outside of the hotel
The weather on the first day in Katoomba was pretty good and tour guide suggested we pay a tribute to The Three Sisters on the same day... which was lucky...

So far I have heard of 2 different version of the tale on The Three Sisters. One of The Three Sisters fell in love with 3 Aboriginal men and the other about Bunyip, a monster.
(I linked to the stories from smallguide.com.au and aussie-info.com)

We went to Echo Point Lookout to see a look at The Three Sisters.

The Three Sisters = the 3 rocks
other view from Echo Point Lookout
Not sure if it is obvious from the photo, but I like the layers of colour of the mountain
We then walked down to the first Sister but did not wander too far or went for the walks as it was getting dark. I did take a few shots of The Sisters after dark but the pictures didn't turn out good and the view was just lights at shining at the rocks.


Side note: Soon up with be story on Don Bradman (ermm.. how soon is soon... that is another thing altogether) :P

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments