Pelican Capital of Australia

By Cubie - September 26, 2009

I missed the pelican feeding the last time I went to The Entrance. Can't remember as to why I missed it but anyways, timing was right this time around. Pelican Feeding operates 3.30 pm daily.



Daytime are short during winter, it was dark soon thereafter. Checked in to Crowne Plaza Hotel (seems to be in tour guide's preferred list of hotels), had dinner at Hogs Breath, followed by a cocktail at Crowne Plaza Hotel's bar. Vaguely recalled that I didnt bring a spare pair of contact lens nor my glasses... was walking in blurness the next day :P


Side note: Don Bradman story seem more and more faraway now...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. This looks like an amazing event, and I was unaware that pelicans flock together like that. I guess I had made the assumption that they would rather be alone, due to the fact that I have never seen more than one at a time. Australia looks like a great place and I can hardly keep my eyes on the birds and off of the sky. The pictures are great and I love the blog. Hope to see some more pictures up soon.

    ReplyDelete