The Two Lighthouses

By Cubie - September 28, 2009

Tour guide made me a very attractive offer the other day. He told me I could choose a place for a short break over the weekend and he would bring me. Any place that I choose. We've been up north, west... so it is time to go to the south. Besides, the pictures of a few places in Southern Highland did make me feel like going there for myself. And no, I have not been to Hunter Valley yet :P

Wollongong was our first stop. There are people who travel there for skydiving. We just went for a stroll. Wollongong Harbour boast 2 lighthouses, said to be the only point in east coast of Australia to have that.

The 2 lighthouses... can you see them?
Up close
Some cannons at the side of the lighthouse

We had brunch, stopped by the tourism centre for some information brochure and went on to visit the largest Buddhist temple in the Southern Hemisphere. However unfortunately we didnt travel via the Grand Pacific Drive. Maybe next time.


Side note: Not too far from visiting Don Bradman's Museum

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments