Sydney: 2 days work trip

By Cubie - November 01, 2022

Room view

Didn't think I was going to be travelling up to Sydney for work again in September but it was a quick 2 days trip. Sometime last year I was thinking of travelling to Sydney for a short break but coincide with a lockdown announcement so I cancelled the trip. This trip so happened to be just before a public holiday in Melbourne so I asked to extend my days in Sydney to wander around. 

I was back to Radisson Blu this round which was great but I moved out on the days I funded my own accommodation. There aren't too many food photos this round as lunch were mostly with the team and very quick affairs as we scoffed down our food before rushing to the next meeting. Here are some though. 


Radisson Blu
Room service


I initially wanted to try INDU dining following a recommendation of a collegue at work. I was working and by the time I finished, it was closed to 9 PM and was a minute passed their last call when I got there. I forgot I am in Australia where there really are not a lot of choices at night. After walking for a bit, I decided to just order a room service. Decided to get steak in pretext of supplement my iron levels and well, I don't cook beef much at home. It was ok. 


Lunch earlier of the day was takeaway Thai food from a food court. All of us got from the same stall because the queue was the shortest but don't go. Haha. 

Lunch and dinner the next were good but I dined with my colleague and pretend to be good, so no photos. Lunch was sandwich from Brooklyn Bridge Deli, which was good but if I wasn't with my colleagues, I would not have gone in because too many people in a small space. :D They also do the 'leave name' policy and they would shout out your name when your order is ready. 

Dinner was at Jimmy's Falafel with another colleague so also no photo. Food was good and portion was huge. We ordered the original pita with chips each and calamari to share, I couldn't even finish the pita. 


World Square

They have a few branches but I went to the one in World Square. I was craving for some tsukemen and read that the one in Ramen Zundo was good. I had Spicy Tsukemen. I think there was an egg but I don't recall if there was any other ingredients as shown on their menu. Possibly not. It was ok, plus I had craving, else ramen is probably more worth it?


Another new place I tried but no photos was Caysorn Thai. I feel that Sydney offers better Thai restaurant and I wanted to try a different place than the usual Dodee Paidang, Chat Thai or Home. Google suggested Caysorn Thai which serves food from Phatthalung, Southern Thai. I am sold :)
I caught up with an old friend there and the food were great! My friend doesn't take spicy food much, and based on recommendation from the waitstaff, we had caramelized pork belly, bai-leng pad kai (sauteed southern green leaf with egg and garlic) and nahm prik kapi (spicy shrimp paste with cha-om omelete) with rice. I will return to try other dishes. 


Dulcet Cakes and Sweets
I've been once in the past to their shop in Quay Street. Now they have another shop in Kinokuniya which is easier to get to for me because I go to Kinokuniya pretty much every time I visited Sydney. Haha. 

Cake and hojicha


Side note: Melbourne Cup PH

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments