WA: Mettam's Pool in Perth

By Cubie - January 25, 2021


Contrary to the usual 2 weeks mandatory leave, we were to take 3 weeks off in 2020. Like most people, I cancelled my planned leave days in 2020 but no negotiation for these 3 weeks leave. 

Western Australia closed it's border to some states including Victoria until early December (yes, no interstate travel either). As I have 3 weeks of leave to spend sitting at home and could travel to WA, I jumped on the opportunity to visit my sister and family over this period of time. Sis also had planned a camping trip to Margaret River that I was looking forward to join. 

Long story short, I left Melbourne and spent 3 days-ish freely in Perth till an announcement was made on the last day of 2020. The announcement mandated that all travellers entering WA from VIC are to go on self-quarantine for 14 days in a suitable premise retrospectively from the day of entry. So no Margaret River camping for me and it became a 'staycation' instead, one where I was confined to a room.

Prior to entering into 'staycation', new eateries tried are Little China Girl and Shi Wei. We had dim sum in Little China Girl and I noticed I failed to take any photos. This was the first time I had brown sugar walnut bun and they were delish. Shi Wei was a takeaway meal. 

New place visited this round was Mettam's Pool. The temperature were consistently on average of 35 degrees or so daily when I was there so we hopped by to a beach. 


This was the only place I managed to get to before an unexpected 'staycation'.


Side note: Guess more travel within the state :)

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments