Tokyo: Straw Hat Cafe at Ghibli Museum

By Cubie - February 07, 2015

Kiki is still there
I miss the strawberry short cake from Straw Hat Cafe sorely. Probably also the fact that I can't seem to find one on sale in Melbourne and I am too lazy to bring myself to bake one everybody seems to be on some sort of diet which translate to I might need to eat the whole cake myself. So... I kind of make everybody else to eat in Straw Hat Cafe... again! :P

Pocco Rosso is also still there
I was boring and hoped that I could get the same dishes - omurisu and strawberry short cake (of course!) again but the Straw Hat Omelette Rice is no longer in the menu.


As usual, it was full house. The waiting policy was still the same as 3 years ago where chairs were arranged in a big rectangular shaped. When any patrons go in the the cafe, the rest moved up and repeat till your turn. In the meantime, we were given menus to browse and decide what to eat.





As we had a late brunch just before hopping on a train to get to Ghibli Museum, we weren't too hungry. However the good thing was there were five of us, so we still managed to order three cakes, a pasta dish and the sandwich. There's always room for cakes! ;)

Beefy Ragu Bolognese with Fresh Pasta

Breaded Pork Cutlet Sandwich

Strawberry Short Cake (We ordered 2! ^^)

Cheesecake with Walnut Crust
 I wanted a coffee by then and felt like having a cold one, so I also ordered an iced coffee.

My iced coffee with drinking straw made from real straw, Little P's peach juice in the background
Even if you don't order any drinks from the menu, water were served in these cute mugs.

Water taste even better in cute totoro mugs
Unfortunately it was pouring the whole day that day, or we would've more time exploring the outside of the museum as well. In the meantime, let's watch The Tale of The Princess Kaguya. ^^


Side note: I just learned that Tashkent is the capital of Uzbekistan. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love your Tokyo posts.
    That is all. :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Thank you! Especially when it comes from someone staying in Tokyo!

      Delete