Sydney: Part 1 - Food

By Cubie - October 02, 2014


Due to some strange obsessive compulsive idea I have in my head, I generally prefer to complete blogging about one trip before starting on another one. Maybe it was the craving for ramen or food in general (despite I have been eating non stop since morning, it is now 4.39 pm on a Sunday) or that I was hoping for quick wins so I could transfer my photos to be stored in a separate HDD (that's another obsessive compulsive idea story), I thought I'll start on a post on Sydney, which I did a 4 days trip in early August.

This feels like I'm writing advertisement for Ippudo but I am not a famous blogger so no one would ever thought to pay me to write to promote their shop. Regardless, Ippudo is the one restaurant that we frequent each time we visit Sydney. As I said again and again, I'm sorry Melbourne, Sydney has better ramen shop and Ippudo wins hands down... at least until Ippudo decides that have an outlet here too.





We touched down Sydney after a short flight from Melbourne on a Saturday evening, and our first stop for dinner after checking was Ippudo in the Westfield branch. I could do with a ramen right now actually.

We spent the whole Sunday on the road, and visiting Jenolan Caves (I'll do that in a separate post) but returned to Sydney for dinner. Dinner was at Din Tai Fung but we were so hungry and couldn't wait to gorge on the food, no photo taken, not even one. LOL

My ever supporting manager allowed me to work from the Sydney office for a couple of days, so I didn't have to take annual leave. Of course, I could opt to take the last flight back to Melbourne on the Sunday night but it makes the trip less hectic when I could spend a couple more days, rather than fly in fly out.

Dinner on Monday night with a Malaysian work mate, in a 'new' Malaysia restaurant. 'New' in inverted comma simply because it wasn't entirely a new establishment but opened after my move to Melbourne, so it was new to me.

Penang Char Kuey Teow

She brought me to this eatery called Sedap, at Regent Place. I ordered Char Kuey Teow and she ordered Bee Hoon Goreng Kampung (not sure why the menu spelt Kampung as Kampong though - don't think there's any change made to the word though). I finished my plate of char kuey teow and she had at least half a plate left and asked to be packed to take away. Umm.. let's not talk about me being a glutton...

I met up with my ex Japanese class classmates. So naturally we had Japanese food! Dinner reservation was made at 6 pm and I was a little hunger before dinner. To keep the hunger pang away, I thought it was high time I try out the hyped cronuts. I read that Adriano Zumbo has his version of cronuts named zonut so I headed to the nearest outlet, in QVB. It was my lack of luck that his outlet/stall in QVB only sells macaron, so up till now I have yet tasted any cronuts. And yes, I am fully aware that Zumbo has an outlet in South Yarra and this outlet does sell cronuts. ;)

I think it was salted popcorn and bread pudding?
Dinner was at Masuya. It wasn't a cheap Japanese restaurant, more of a mid range but definitely serves awesome food! We left all the decision making on ordering to E, that was the best decision made :P

Tofu & Avocado Salad

Sushi & Sashimi 

Karaage Chicken

Nasu Miso

Sapporo Hot Pot 


We each had a dessert to ourselves... no sharing :P

Just in case you wonder how many people did it take to finish all the food, there were four girls polishing everything on the table. It was very good food. I am getting hungry, please excuse me while I go dig some food in my kitchen :P


Side note: Yes, this is a schedule post as Little P told me to ration my blog posts, lol

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

6 comments

  1. Now who is the evil one?

    A food post that I'm reading at 5.35pm. Argh!!!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. lol - purely coincident! :P

      Delete
    2. drooling over the hot pot. Cab claw!!!!

      Delete
    3. yes - me too! I was just telling my friends I'm missing the Sapporo hot pot heaps!

      Delete
  2. Hmmm...delicious cuisine here

    ReplyDelete
  3. Lovely array of nicely presented dishes.

    ReplyDelete