In the SP2

By Cubie - May 22, 2008

In the train from Lao Cai, heading to Hanoi, an Italian young lady said in Italian, "How come there isn't any Italian guy?"

A Vietnamese young man replied her, also in Italian, "There isn't any Italian guy but there's a Vietnamese guy who can speak fluent Italian."

The lady was surprise and shock, running back to her berth, she explained to her friend, "OMG, OMG, there's this Vietnamese who speaks fluent Italian!"

Ok... the first two sentence, I have totally no clue about it... cos I don't understand Italian at all to save my life. The third sentence was in English and when I heard it before knowing the whole story, I was wondering why is it that she was so embarassed.

And now, you would question, then how did I get to know the whole story? Reason is simple. My sis and I got to know this talented young people on our journey to Sapa. And this Italian speaking Vietnamese young man is one of them. :)


Side note: I was just packing my things and saw the half written "story" above. Decided to complete it. Just an excerpt from my memory

First post Vietnam 2008

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments