The advertisement said "The Land of Grace"

By Cubie - May 08, 2008

Ever since I moved to where I've stayed now, that was only the 3rd time I took a local public bus. To be more exact, I have not taken a bus from the nearby bus stop near the apartment I stayed since I moved in about 3 years back. Anyway, after toying with the idea of following Little P back to her hometown for awhile, the "mist" in the brain cleared in a sudden. I gave her a call, telling her I'll take a bus to Ipoh and follow her back on Sunday.

Took a local public bus to Pasar Seni, from there walked to Puduraya and bought the ticket for the next available bus to Ipoh. 3 hours later, I got down at the "new" bus station in Ipoh. Hmm.. but it said Gopeng... shrug.


As Little P got "wahyu" to resume her daily jogging in the park back at hometown, I loitered a bit at the bus station. Taking numerous pictures of the cars, setting sun, taxis, lamp posts... u know the usual non-living things.


I was really in Perak
Then Little P came to pick me with her little aqua colour kancil.

Sunset are beautiful everywhere
And of course Ipoh has good food. I quote from Little P, her favourite phrase, "Ipoh's superior _____." You can fill the blanks with heong peng, dim sum, kuih kapit, yim kuk kai (salted steam chicken)... But I was hungry, besides everybody would have intro about the food in Ipoh. So I shall skip it in this post. :P

The next day, after a late breakfast, Little P brought me to Ipoh's old railway station to take pictures.






Anyways, it's good to have spontaneous trip :)


Side note: Have you heard the story where the little boy tried to curb his anger and spitefulness by hammering a nail to a door? As time passes and his anger is much controlled, he removed the nails one by one. However, the nails will always leave a mark. Just as how when you hurt someone, it will leave a scar...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. since year 2000 until now never visit Ipoh for so long is good to have a view back in Ipoh..... miss Ipoh too hehehe.....

    ReplyDelete
  2. grin.. hmmm... seems to have vague memory of me saying wanted to go visit u then ... did i? :P

    ReplyDelete