Ph(f)oto Friday: Part 1 - Overnight Oats

By Cubie - November 01, 2013

That's banana - not butter :P
Of late, I started lunch time (or be-early lunch time) running with a colleague. We usually go out at 11.15 am and hope to be back in a hour's time (lunch break) just in case too many people wanting to use the bathroom. By the time I got back, it was just at the peak of lunch time. There is only one precious microwave for the whole floor of staffs, and before I had the chance to cook my oats, I ended up stuffing myself silly with biscuits.

As a counter measure,  I started eating overnight oats. I thought it was rather neat to store the oats in a jar but it appears that none of my co-workers share my opinion. My manager said he had to get me a bowl some time and one of my co-worker, D decided to bring it to a whole new level. He made an announcement to the whole team to come and have a look at my weird eating habits. = ="


Side note: Opps - that's a little long for this series ;p

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

7 comments

  1. I think it's neat too! :)

    So, D made you an "interesting exhibit"?

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL - "interesting" is probably still an understatement, more so - as strange exhibit!

      Delete
  2. I've been telling myself for a while that I should get oats, but where, oh where?! Tokyo, I love you, but really, REALLY, there's more to life than rice. :( I'll have to schlep to the wealthy Western suburbs, where they have "Western" supermarkets, to stock up on oats.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ooh - that's new. I didn't realise oats is not easily obtained from just any supermarket in Tokyo.

      Delete
  3. Interesting. I've had cooked oats for breakfast for years but have never tried this.

    I'm just thinking that ... if I cook enough oats for a 5 day supply and put them in jars in the fridge, maybe that will turn out somewhat similar to what you're having. All I want is the soluble fibre.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. It probably is - i leave the oats uncooked though, in this case and the end product is somewhat like muesli.

      Delete