Bradman Museum

By Cubie - October 09, 2009

Don Bradman, also known as The Don is said to be the greatest cricketer of all time. According to the wikipedia, it is said that Don Bradman moved to Bowral when he was 2 1/2 years old, which of course explains as to why Bowral house the Bradman Museum. After the tour guide's painstaking effort of educating me of cricket, I'm still as clueless as before but at least now there's at least 5 things that I know about cricket.

1. I can recognize Don Bradman :P
2. The reason why Don Bradman is the greatest cricketer - his batting statistic is at 99.94% (the tour guide must've told me this a few hundred times that it kind of carved itself on the grey cells)
3. I know what is a wicket
4. The Ashes is a test series between England and Australia (and goes on for days)
5. The Ashes urn is actually quite small (I'll probably get whack for saying that but I imagined it was much bigger)

As part of my education, we visited the Bradman Museum, the next morning we were in Bowral.

the signboard before entering the museum
Don Bradman's statue outside of the stadium
Photography and other form of recording is prohibited in the musuem... so you'll have to go there and have a look yourself :P

And of course, the Bradman Oval, where The Don played cricket when he was young.


There you have it. If you don't know anything about Don Bradman, at least now you know that he holds the batting statistic of 99.94% :)


Side note: Hope I get an A for my "assignment" :P

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Ok Cubie, I give you an A for this one ;-)
    Nicely done! Don't forget though about the reason for the irony that his batting average wasn't 100 :-p

    Now, for your next assignment...

    ReplyDelete