NSW: Day trip to Nowra

By Cubie - November 25, 2023



It has been more than 10 years since I last went to Nowra. A friend had a work assignment to Nowra so I decided to extend my work trip over to weekend to make a trip to visit him. It has also been a long while since I last caught up with him. Friend was working on Saturday but made plans to have dinner. 

Nowra is a city in the South Coast region of New South Wales and is the commercial hub of the Shoalhaven. Along the north of Nowra is the Shoalhaven River and it is connected to Bomaderry by the Nowra Bridge. 

I took the 9:22 AM train to Bomaderry, the train ride took about 3 hours. I booked an overnight stay at George Bass Motor Inn and I decided to walk from the station, which took about 35 minutes according to Google Maps. After checking in, the first stop was to find sustenance. 

I decided to have Thai food and walked into Elephant Thai Cafe & Restaurant. This was their Flamin' Duck spicy noodle. I was in the quest to look for Thai duck noodles for awhile, stemming from this restaurant game that I have been playing. It was ok and feed the tummy. 


After meal, I was back to Ben's Walk. I thought I got lost the last time and didn't get to Ben's Walk but when I saw a very similar photo, guess I did make it to the Hanging Rock Lookout the last round too. 





After that I just roamed around Nowra before catching up my friend and family for dinner. 





Side note: Should find somewhere the coming PH...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. I really enjoyed reading through your blog as a fellow Japan lover, and discovering new itineraries that i might enjoy too :-)

    ReplyDelete