VIC: Food ideas in Bright

By Cubie - January 22, 2022


I had 3 nights in Bright, arrived and left around noon time and that gave me 9 meals. 

In order of when I had the meals. 



Iced latte, AUD 5

Baked trout, AUD 21

I was starving by the time I reached Bright and this was my first meal of the day. This was named as 'Whole baked Harrietville trout with house made dill sauce with a mixed cress salad' on their menu. The wait staff asked if I want the head and skin on, I thought I mentioned head off but skin on but all good. It was tasty though I find it a tad oily for my liking. 



Banh mi prawn toast, AUD 19

This was after doing the Cherry Walk and I wanted to do a takeaway but was told takeaway not availble but I could dine in. So dine in it was. There were a few items on the menu that I wanted to try but went with this one as I thought it could be interesting. This was their Banh Mi Prawn Toast, this was tasty - the toast was crispy and has banh mi flavours. 



Long mac, AUD 4

Banana buttermilk hotcakes, strawberry & cream, AUD 19


The cafe was cosy, it felt like I was stepping into someone's home and the banana hotcakes were unassumingly very filling. 



Steak & pepper, AUD 7

It has passed lunch time by the time I cycled back to Bright from Wandiligong. As lunch didn't happen due to my non reservation, I got myself a steak and pepper pie for lunch. There are 4 other shops in different towns.

Cost plus 20 cents for ketchup. Sauces are chargeable in Australia. Good pie with proper meat and pronounced pepper flavour. 

Pardon the presentation, it was a takeaway meal and I didn't do any plating for photos haha. 



Pork katsu curry, AUD 20


When I started to google about Bright and food, I have decided that this would be one of the meals to have. They only do takeaway on my visit, I'm not sure if it has always been takeaway only or otherwise or would have dine-in in future. Tasty Japanese curry and I would return but didn't simply because I want to try food from other shops. Yep, I intentionally made it that only one meal per shop.



Long mac, AUD 3

BLAT, AUD 14.50

Probably a non updated menu mentioned of BLET - bacon, lettuce, fried egg and tomato sandwich. However when I ordered at the counter, I saw it was actually BLAT - bacon, lettuce, avocado and tomato sandwich which were good too. 

They had buttermilk waffles served with caramelised Wandi apple, caramel sauce, hazelnut crumble or (or banana and maple) and vanilla bean ice-cream on their menu. I was tempted but bacon won. 



Pistachio & rum raisin, AUD 6.60

There is no option for 1 scoop, in case the price tag gave you a little fright. This was after the Apex Lookout Walk but before lunch where ice-creams were needed to cool down. 



Prawn spaghetti with garlic chili, white wine, tomato medley, spinach & parmesan cheese, AUD 24


There was a group of workmates (my assumption based on observation) were having their Christmas lunch there. This photo was taken after they have left, while I was waiting for food. 



Easy Cheesy, AUD 11 + chips, AUD 5

Based on my first two days' dinner, my friend remarked that it didn't feel like I was in regional Victoria. Haha, no more fusion or Asian food and a burger made an appearance. Decent burger. 



Green smoothie, AUD 10

Most of the cafes were not open as it was fairly close to Christmas and I was influenced by the hot weather to have cold juice. This was their green smoothie - apple, celery, cucumber, pear, banana, spinach and kale. The panettone was brought from home, meant to be my breakfast/snack on commuting to Bright but did not end up eating. 


Side note: Do you always choose the same ice-cream flavour? 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments