Sydney: An overnight work trip

By Cubie - April 25, 2019




It was a quite a last minute trip. My colleague and I were told to book our flights on a Friday before the next Tuesday trip for a planning day. Planning day was a full day affair, starting from 9am all the way to 6pm. To ensure that we were not late, we flew in the evening before, after work.

As it was a late booking, we didn't get Swissotel but instead this round we stayed in Grace Hotel. After checking in and dropping my bag, I walked out to get dinner. Priority.

I decided on Malaysian food so I headed back to Ho Jiak in Haymarket. There are a few dishes that I wanted to try but it was a late dinner and would definitely be the case where I have eyes bigger than my stomach if I ordered them all. So I settled with just a plate of char kway teow and cendol. Definitely on the pricier end but they are good.

CKT + king prawns $25

Ais cendol $9
Breakfast next day was at a random choice of cafe nearby. I actually forgot which cafe I ended up in until I googled just now - it was The York Street Eatery. It was ok, nothing to shout about. I ordered a ricotta french toast with seasonal fruits and maple syrup.


And that was it. Morning tea, lunch and afternoon tea were organised as part of the planning day as well. So we were at the venue till we left for the airport!


Side note: Lest we forget

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments