Western Europe: Switzerland - Zermatt

By Cubie - October 03, 2017


On the day I visited Zermatt, I had already shifted from Gimmelwald to Interlaken, which meant that my holiday was coming to an end soon. Zermatt because I wanted to see Matterhorn, yes, the symbol on the chocolate brand, Toblerone. Grin.

As I have gone up Jungfraujoch the day before, I stayed around in Zermatt. Most of the trains in Switzerland come with huge window to maximise the view, pretty cool. :)





I did a walk around Zermatt and continued on towards Matterhorn. Whilst I didn't take the cable car up or even hike all the way it was a good walk.


It was pretty much rest and relax. Usual meals were from supermarket but I treated myself to some good Swiss praline from Läderach.


Oh I've also found the cheapest Lindt chocolate in Zermatt, not sure if coincidentally on sale when I was there but the Lindt shop retail price in Zermatt where even cheaper than supermarket price. Of course being on "home ground" there were much more options on offer.


Then I was back to Interlaken to call it a night.


Side note: Oik, I forgot tomato sauce for my sweet and sour pork dish.. haha

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Day-trip from Interlaken to Zermatt! You must have spent hours on the train!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Haha, yes! 2+ hours each way... lucky thing that I do enjoy train rides and it wasn't crowded... and I was indecisive over Jungfraujoch, Schilthorn and Matterhorn!

      Delete