Sydney: The Rocks

By Cubie - January 29, 2015

Short walk from Marriott
The Rocks is a historic area of Sydney's city centre. I feel this is the more touristic area in Sydney. Even though I used to stay in Sydney, The Rocks is not somewhere I ventured to very often, except to probably take some photos, after all here's where Harbour Bridge and Opera House are found.

Friend's wedding venue was in The Rocks and just so happened that Sydney Harbour Marriott is just about 10 minutes' walk away, so I find myself in this pocket of the city. I only had about an hour or so to spare before tracking back to re-pack to check out, have brunch and depart to airport. Generally I could have just roll on the bed but I thought I should make use of the time and have a little stroll to enjoy the day. Sunday a hot day, even warmer than Friday and Saturday.

Walking straight on, I passed Museum of Contemporary Art and the Cadmans Cottage next to it.




Friend's wedding was in Italian Village, housed in one of these quaint sandstone building.





Inside Italian Village

View taken from inside of Italian Village
Around the bend is the strategically positioned Park Hyatt Sydney.


I turned back from here and walked The Rocks weekends market. No photos here because I am aware that many stall owners doesn't like their product to be photographed.

Oh... and one of the most beautiful train station - Circular Quay.


Closed up!


Side note: Missing some gelato!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments