Arizona: Route 66 Seligman

By Cubie - October 20, 2011


I have a confession to make. I am pretty much clueless when it comes to United States, to the extend that I have no idea where San Francisco, New York, etc are. In fact, I didnt even know San Francisco and New York are so far apart. Ahem. So I can attest to travelling does increase Geography knowledge. LOL.


Route 66. I first heard about it a year ago, on a planned holidays which unfortunately did not materialize. Route 66 also known as the Main Street of America. It was first established on 11th Nov 1926, originally ran from Chicago, Illinois through Missouri, Kansas, Oklahama, Texas, New Mexico, Arizona and Californa before ending at Los Angelas. In fact, one could do a road trip of Route 66, stopping at certain stops.


As mentioned in my earlier post, we joined the Grand Canyon Sunset Tours by Grand-Adventures which was included a Route 66 Stop in Seligman, Arizona. Seligman is the birthplace of historic Route 66.


Angel Delgadillo (I take it that's the reason why Angel was written on the sand) was born and raised in Seligman. He who owned a barber shop in Seligman is one of the moving forces of Historic Route 66 Association of Arizona and in preserving this historic highway.


Juan Delgadillo, Angel's brother operated the Snow Cap Drive-In burger joint. I read that he was said to pull antics on tourists when they ordered food and drinks. That... still happens to this day, not by Juan himself of course, but by the person who currently runs the place. I ordered a chocolate malt drink there! :)


You see the yellow bits, that was the opening to order food/drink.

Behind the Snow Cap
On another note - Little P make me realised that all these places in Vegas related to some movie in a way or another. So, you asked, which movie is Seligman related to? It is said that Cars is loosely based on Seligman. :)




Side note: I just want my Bluetooth to work :(

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments