カステラ

By Cubie - January 12, 2010

A couple of months ago, it seems like all the food blogs I read posted up recipe for this particular cake - カステラ (Kasutera/Castella). Very, very tempting. Unfortunately, from memory the recipe requires 8 eggs. So no attempt on trying to bake the cake and I thought I could probably get it off the shelf. I must be looking at all the wrong shops cos I can't seem to find them in Sydney
:(

So I resolved to finding it in Tokyo! :D

In fact, I brought 2 back. One from AM/PM convenience shop, and the other from a train station, courtesy of tour guide. I was yen-less then but tour guide was really nice and bought the cake for his glutton tour customer.

As I bought the one from convenience shop first, I'll post that first.

The package before opening...


Taking the box out...


Lifting the cover... (pardon the messy background :P)


The precious 4 pieces of cake, only 4 pieces...


Viola! The cake... yummy...


Alright, I'll leave you with the cake. Time to hit the bed... :)


Side note: Ugghh.. this week feels so long...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments