VIC: Cherry Walk, Canyon Trail and Apex Lookout Walk in Bright

By Cubie - January 01, 2022

Ovens River

The 3 walks were done on 3 separate days and I have enough time to include maybe another 1 or 2 if i want to. I did try to also do the Blue Plaque Walk but realised that I have unintentionally done it many times, after all it is around Bright town where various points have blue plaques providing information about the most significant historical sites in the town. 


Cherry Walk
I reached Bright around noon on a rainy day but the weather held up by about 5pm and was sunny the rest of the trip though, so all was good. I even managed to do the Cherry Walk which follows the Ovens River. The only difference was that I continued on the south side of the river and only crossing to the north side at Cherry Bridge (Read: Cherry being family name, not the fruit), then back to the south at the first suspension bridge. Interestingly, the path on the north side of the river felt less walked on.


 
Crossing the Cherry Bridge


Back to the first suspension bridge

Despite a fairly short walk but since I started the walk late in the evening due to rain, I was happy to see this suspension bridge especially at some point I thought I was off the path, no thanks to the those plants towering over me. 


Canyon Trail
I initially planned to do this Canyon Trail first as this is probably the famous one in Bright and only at 4km but curiosity got to me and I turned right at my starting point, leading to the Cherry Lane. I did the loop by turning back at the second suspension bridge. 



Crossing the second bridge

Bridge #1 on the way back


Apex Lookout Walk
I did the Cherry Walk on day 1 after rain, Canyon Trail on day 2 in the evening and Apex Lookout Walk on day 3 after breakfast. The scale of heat in ascending level. It is said to be 3km and only takes 1.5 hours but I forgot to account the time I need to walk to the starting point. I was tired out from the heat by the time I reached starting point. >.<

It wasn't too steep of a hike but I have forgotten how hot summer in Australia can get, plus those flies. The walk to the trail was a little exposed but the trail itself was quite shaded which was a relief. 

Walking to the start of the trail

Somewhere part of the trail

From the first lookout, with a chair in shade!

At the end of the trail :)

Think I saw an echidna on my walk down too. 



There are a lot more walks on offer in Bright and the official website has good recommendations. 


Side note: Happy New Year, hopefully 2022 is a better year. 

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments