Queenstown: For non adrenaline junkie

By Cubie - June 11, 2014


I walked in to a tourist info/booking centre and heard someone telling the person behind the counter that he wanted to do sky diving, speedboat and bungee jumping. :|

The only one (of the three) that I could see myself doing is probably just the speedboat, I could be persuaded (if one tried very very very very (x many, many times) hard for skydiving. I really can't imagine jumping off a cliff by my own will.

So, for scaredy-cat like me, I did the boring stuff, in the city of adventure.

Walkabout:

Lake Esplanade, Earnslaw Park and City


TSS Earnslow Cruise departs from here...


St Peter's Church


Skyline Gondola

Riding up the Skyline Queenstown Gondola and enjoy the view of Coronet Peak, The Remarkables, Walter Peak, Cecil Peak and of course, over Queenstown.



Onsen Hot Pools

Private indoor onsen pools, overlooking Shotover River canyon. It has a retractable roof that is controlled with a push button.


Can fit four people in one tub

View from onsen room

Control buttons
Eat!

Fishbone Bar & Grill

Stumbled upon this restaurant from my friend's itinerary and she had done some research on places to eat.. so we went with it. This is the most expensive meal we had but I would have to say I wish it was better, not that it wasn't good but it didn't wow...:|


Fergburger

There is always a queue all the way to the outside, thought I think most are tourists, but the burgers I tried were good. The wait staff would bring out some fries for people in the queue, food while waiting wins points. :)



Paua Patty

My colleagues from New Zealand introduced me to this food, and being the glutton foodie that I am, I make sure I know how to pronounce this word and the spelling of it, in case I need to ask around on where to find them :P

Paua is a Maori name to abalone, however one does not need to pay through their nose to eat this as they are made into patties. I love the paua patties we got from this stall at Marine Parade in Queenstown. :)



Patagonia Ice-Cream

How lucky can one be? The paua patties and this yummy chocolate ice-cream are not far from each other ;)


The ice-cream that had my little niece's eyes lighten up

Other snacks





Side note: I could do with an onsen dip and a yummy paua patty now.. *dreamy*

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments