Eating Spree in Singapore and Malaysia

By Cubie - June 23, 2014

Everytime before I make a trip home, I will have two lists - one "to do" and the other "to eat". Despite there are many Malaysian food based restaurants in Melbourne, Malaysian food in Malaysia taste different, better. Must be the water or something. Also, not all Malaysian food are found here. Though having many Malaysian food options here does help to ease the craving.

Eating spree started even on flight, extra cost incurred for ordering food option on Jetstar but the food wasn't shabby. There was also a snack meal a few hours after this, before touched down.


Dinner was at Toa Payoh Market & Food Centre (I think that's the correct name) with friends. I didn't take any picture of the food. Dessert was tau fu fah. Yumm.

Breakfast the next day was at Toast Box.

Clockwise from top left: Peanut butter toast, nasi lemak, half boiled egg with earlier toast, mee siam
We went about to do some shopping/errand done and had I♥TaiMei as mid morning tea. Little P has been raving about food in I♥TaiMei so the longest time. Her favourite set is 小S (Xiao S) which comprises of popcorn chicken + sweet potato fries and a drink.

Main star - pop corn chicken, fries on top and bottom mushroom
Despite having a drink that goes with our meal, Moo Moo Cow recommended that we should try this yummy lava cake from Chocolate Origin. :)
We went to the branch in Bugis Junction.


Lunch was at 4 Fingers. I was surprised that I couldn't find any photo in my stash, I remembered taking a shot or two. Was suppose to meet up with a friend and had tea but he stood me up and I ended up hovering at Orchard station for over an hour, carrying some stuff that I wanted to pass to him. The stash of things included a bottle of wine, thinking back, or obviously I wasn't thinking or I would've just open and had many sips. LOL. This followed with dinner at Sakae Sushi with another friend at Junction 8 branch. No photo on this one.

My last meal before departing from Singapore was at a 三盅两件 (sān zhōng liǎng jiàn), according to it's own website as Soup Restaurant. Little P's favourite dish from this restaurant was Samsui Ginger Chicken (below).


Fairly obvious that I wasn't any food blogger cos I just dived in to all other food, so no photos. Grin.

First meal in Malaysia, at Nyonya Colours in Gardens.

Clockwise from top left: Cucur udang, curry noodles,  nasi lemak, nasi kunyit, cendol
These were the only one I didn't eat, we just bought them on behalf of a friend. At Big Apple Donuts & Coffee. They used to do durian doughnuts called Duren Duren but somehow not available when we were there.


One of the food that is always on my to-eat list is Portuguese Grilled Seafood - we usually ordered stingray, a vege dish (usually some beans) and either squid or clams. I picked clams this round.


Of course, there were many more meals but I didn't take photos of all but here are a few more notable ones.

Three Cup Chicken @ Ki Ki Taiwan Cuisine, KLCC

Fat Boy's Wimpy Burger @ Avenue K

Durian Pancake from Sumptuous Desserts
 One of my favourite food and must-eat is this banana leaf wrapped nasi lemak.



Side note: Maybe I should make my own banana leaf nasi lemak? But where to find banana leaf eh?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. You are making me hungry!!!

    p..s next time you drop by Gardens, gimme a holler.

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. haha.. i made myself hungry when I was writing up the post! :P
      ah.. funny how it turned out eh.. i posted the parcel in that post office in MV. LOL

      Delete
  2. You are indeed missing Malaysia and Singapore foods so much.

    ReplyDelete