Shanghai: The arty Tianzifang (田子坊)

By Cubie - July 22, 2013


The neighbourhood was originally built in the 1930s as a Shikumen residential district. (Shikumen is a traditional Shanghainese architectural sytle). Tianzifang is now one of a major tourist attraction with quaint little shops selling crafts, cafes, bars, studios. It has some small similarity to Melbourne's network of laneways. :)


We started day 2 in Shanghai with brunch in Kommune. I gathered my friend enjoys his big breakfast here, I think he would like brunches option in Melbourne. Kommune has a comfy and cosy setting, it does remind me of having a lazy brunch on weekend in Melbourne.

Did you see? The lady is using an iPad too...
Utensils and condiments hanging in a pouch under the table

Sugar and salt in test tubes
We had big breakfast and I had skim flat white.

Served in a milk bottle lookalike jar

Big Breakfast
What to do after a hearty breakfast? Walkabout to check out the area :)


It was a rainy day though...
Spot the bicycle
More bicycle.. haha.. I got soft spot for bicycles :P


A cafe

Souvenirs

Chopsticks

Err.. more bicycles

Painting studio?



I didn't try the cheese cake


Side note: Love my lunch break runs!

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. But did you try to sit on the bicycle? ;)

    ReplyDelete
  2. That's not a Chinese breakfast! :D

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. LOL.. think my friend craved for non Chinese breakfast :P

      Delete