Chiang Mai: Sunday Night Market

By Cubie - December 18, 2012

As it was still early, there wasn't any of a crowd yet...
This market is like the market in Chiang Mai, an institution in Chiang Mai. It is held every Sunday, from 4pm to midnight.


Just outside Thapae Gate
This walking street market starts at Thapae Gate and runs along the length of Ratchadamnoen Road. It street is closed to traffic for easier shopping needs.



I read that most of the things on sale at this market are mostly personally made by the stallowner themselves. I didn't buy much, just a keychain and an earring as souvenir... and of course, food!
I didn't take a lot of photo as most stallholder had a sign requesting for no photograph to be taken.

No.. these did not form part of my dinner
 My dinner menu of the day was pad thai, with an egg.

The lady is stir frying my order of Pad Thai
Main meal - Pad Thai, 25 Baht
When there's main meal, of course there's dessert and somehow dessert cost more than the main meal. Haha.

The lady putting up together the yummylicious dessert
Sticky rice mango 35 Baht
 Also the magic cold drinks that makes air all around cooler. :P

Dragon Fruit Shake, 20 baht
As I strolled about, suddenly a song was aired through some PA system somewhere and everyone stood still. I took a glance at my watch - 6 pm. I think it was Thailand's national song. I had a same encouter in the past when I was in Bangkok, at one of the BTS station.



Side note: 7 days to Christmas...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Sticky rie with mango. Yummy! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Melt In the mouth. Or could do durian with sticky rice eh?

      Delete
  2. definitely. :)

    Durian season is almost over and I still crave for them! ;)

    p.s. Head over to my backyard blog. You are mentioned. It's about the giveaway. ^^

    ReplyDelete
  3. Cubie!
    Congrats! You got that Hello Kitty strap.

    Can I have your address e-mailed to me? Thanks!

    ReplyDelete