Western Europe: Belgium - A lazy day in Antwerp

By Cubie - July 15, 2017


I flew out of Melbourne on a Wednesday noon, reaching Amsterdam on a Thursday morning. Aside from a minor delay on my second leg of flight due to thunderstorm in Singapore, it was a pretty good journey. I was impressed with the responsive and efficiency of the flight attendants who worked on board.

The plan was an easy one, reached Amsterdam and took a train to Antwerp where I need to change my train to get to Gent anyway. I've only been to Brugge and Brussels before this, so Antwerp it was, besides my friends were only going to be in Gent later of the day. Initially I wanted to do the comic trail walk that is found on the official website of Visit Antwerpen but I was to meet up with A in Antwerp. She isn't big on comics plus I am open to just walk around, being lazy after a 20+ hour commute.

Upon reaching Antwerp, I headed to the Tourist Information, grabbed a map and dropped my fat backpack in a coin locker just behind the Tourist Information office. There is a coin changer machine at the entrance of a toilet nearby if you don't have or don't have enough coins.

What we ended up doing instead was walking towards the historic centre with as many stops along the way as we like. Haha.

At Grote Markt
There was a nearby castle, short walk from the historic centre if it interest you... 


It was too hot and we were lazy, though we did check out this little laneway.


This laneway nestled in between shops and even looked like a shoplot from the front - 16 Vlaeykensgang. It is a small medieval street, feels like a secret hideway from the bustling historic centre. We were there in the afternoon, so it was rather quiet despite housing some restaurants as it was probably in between service time.




To round it up, don't forget to look at the Antwerp Central station!



Side note: Any recommendations for HK?

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

1 comments

  1. Pics are really good.Belgium looks nice.If you like traveling then you must visit Best restaurant in Bangkok

    ReplyDelete