Fiji: A quick round in Nadi

By Cubie - February 04, 2017


I have half a day in Nadi before heading to the airport. After breakfast, I took a taxi (fixed rate from hotel) to downtown Nadi. Sri Siva Subramaniya temple is a Hindu temple in Nadi. This temple was moved from a flood prone Nadi River to current location in 1994. The Hindu complex was created over a ten year period by craftsmen brought in from India.



The dress code for this templee was really strict but they offer complimentary cloth for cover up. I was wear long pants but I was told only dress for females. Entrance fee of FJD $5. I only did a quick round, so FJD $5 really seem a little too steep.



Thereafter I dropped by Nadi Handicraft Market, bought some postcards from the shops, stamps from the post office and check out the Municipal Market.

Yes - I'm craving for crabs!





I decided to have Fijian-Indian food for lunch, it was good.


I fly out of Fiji in the evening, with a transit in Gold Coast. I spent new year's on flight, there was a count down according to Melbourne's time.


Day 6 cost breakdown:

  • Oasis Palm dorm bed: NZD $33 per night
  • Taxi to city (fixed price): FJD $10
  • Sri Siva Subramaniya Temple entrance: FJD $5
  • Fijian-Indian lunch: FJD $20 (I thought according to the menu it was cheaper...)
  • Taxi back to Oasis Palm: FJD $8.30 (metered taxi)


Side note: Sigh...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

0 comments