Dinner in Agra - which was the "culprit"?

By Cubie - October 24, 2014

Mocktails

Appetizer

Mushroom with cheese

Garlic naan

Fish masala

Gulab Jamun
We were in Agra a day before we traveled home from India and only stayed a night in Agra, departing for Delhi early next morning. I fly home from Delhi but Little P had to detour back to Mumbai before flying back to Melbourne.

As usual, we were brought to at least a mid range restaurant instead of any road side stalls. Trouble kicked in the next morning before I had breakfast, so this must be it. I had a bout of diarrhoea before breakfast and a mild tummy pain followed. It was those pain that I get if I am too hungry. Be assured that I ate very well in India and did not skip any meal. I didn't put much thought to it, and I walked about in Delhi the whole day with the mild pain... till a few hours before I get to the airport that the pain became bad cramp and the diarrhoea restarted, that was when I knew it must have been food poisoning. Given that I was travelling to India, I brought along Imodium which was a life saver, alongside with complimentary lounge access!
Little P also had food poisoning symptoms but hers started a little than mine.

So - back to the question, which was the food that caused our food poisoning? No prize for guessing because I actually don't know which was the culprit. It could be the ice on the drinks as we usually ask for no ice but have forgotten to do so that day, or it could be the fish? I don't think Agra is popular for seafood.


Side note: Craving for pistachio...

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. Oh dear. Food poisoning is something I dreaded while travelling.

    But for my tummy discomfort, I carry with me the "Po Chai" pills. Hehehe

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. I had trouble looking for "Po Chai" pills here actually...

      Delete