Perth: Of home made food and pastries

By Cubie - May 05, 2014

Kids bite size cupcake

Steamed egg
I have no participation in making any of those, sis made them. My only participation in these were only eating bits, so I have no recipes to share :P
 
I left Perth on late afternoon on a Tuesday. Sis was also working in the CBD, I met up with her for lunch before making my way to the airport. The plan was - lunch with sis, grab the famous apple strudel and then to the airport.
 
Fettucini in Halloween sauce
I took a red CAT to meet sis and lunch was at Pastacup. Transperth's CAT buses are colour coded - red (east and west in CBD), blue (north and south in CBD), green (from Leederville Station to CBD) and yellow (East Perth to West Perth). These are free buses for travelling around the Perth CBD.
 
Neither sis nor I have been to this, but she had heard positive reviews from her co-workers about this. I had fettucini in Halloween sauce, not sure if halloween sauce is a common name for a pasta sauce (probably not!) but it was a creamy sauce with pumpkin, chicken and fresh parsley. Portion was huge and I had to ask for a doggy bag. All was good, as I had the balance on my frills free Tiger Airways flight back to Melbourne.
 
After lunch, I took a Blue CAT to Abeerdeen Street (stop number 10) to make my apple strudel purchase.
 
 
This is how apple strudel look after a 4-5 hours flight
Aside from the apple strudel, I also bought another two pastries to try. Hands down - the winner goes to apple strudel. Sorry about the noise and blurness of the photo, I took it with mobile camera, at a low light condition.

Custard horn


Amore on flight
There was a little drama on my attempt to get to the airport. The plan was taking a taxi from Corica Pastries to Perth Domestic Airport. Easy right? Wrong - there were no taxis at sight, even after I walked for a few blocks. There were a few taxi ranks sign but no taxi whatsoever. From having plenty of time, it became "I need to get a taxi now" situation. So, I walked into a random book shop and asked for direction to a functional taxi rank. A helpful shop assistant called a cab for me, added bonus was - he was rather cute :P I was told that the taxi ranks don't really work during day time, the locals ring for taxis.
 
 

The gist of the story was (edit: *gasp* I forgot the word not!) about the cute book shop assistant but my realisation that there is no convenient public transport to Perth Airport. = ="
 
I found the above information from a Jetstar inflight magazine. What kind of airport connect bus that runs every 50 minutes whilst the Transperth Bus literally makes it round across the city before reaching the airport. = ="
Apparently, this is to promote business for taxi drivers.
 
Anyway, I got home safely, after another drama in the airport as my carry on exceeds the allowable limit of 7 kg for Tiger Airways. They were strict but I was lucky, I suspect they probably let me go merely on the reason that I was hogging the line, negotiating about the additional 1 kg. I blamed it all on the heavy laptop and docking station.
 
This wrap up my most recent visit to Perth, end of last year.
 
 
Side note: Rest in Peace, my dear friend.




  • Share:

You Might Also Like

4 comments

  1. Oh, there was a cute book shop assistant story? :P

    You lost me with all that yummy photos. Heh heh

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. *gasp! your comment just made me realised I missed a word there!
      oh dear me, got to have better proof reading!

      Delete
  2. Cubie, you're KILLING me with your food posts.
    Please don't stop!
    (^0^)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. Ah ha! Ru has got soft spots for desserts on top of chocolates eh..

      Delete