Ph(f)oto Friday: Building within a Building

By Cubie - August 30, 2013


... or rather, a tower inside a shopping centre. This is Coop's Shot Tower, located in the heart of Melbourne CBD. It was completed in 1888 and 50 metres in height. This building was saved from demolition in 1973 and incorporated into Melbourne Central complex in 1991.

Melbourne Central complex is a shopping centre with a train station in it's underground level. Recently a Shot Tower Museum was set up inside this tower.


Side note: I think I have subconsciously venting my craving for holidays to food binging = ="

  • Share:

You Might Also Like

2 comments

  1. I love that roof! I'm a wee bit obsessive about natural light - I would die if I had to live in a house/apartment with no sunlight - so this is just perfect! :)

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. ah.. yes, totally agree - houses/apartments with plenty of natural lights are much more appealing!

      Delete